There is only very limited availability for face to face group training classes now as they restart mid November and will be the only ones until next year. Online programs are available to join any time.
The puppy programs are for 4 weeks, and delivered via a closed Facebook Group, so is only available if you are on Facebook at this stage. Cost for each 4 week program is $75 and includes:
- Comprehensive workbook (approx 25 pages emailed as a PDF)
- Weekly homework tasks
- Access to a closed Facebook Group which has:
- Short training and information videos (approx 6-8 videos for each week)
- A range of information sheets on a variety of topics (in addition to the workbook)
- The chance to ask questions on any training or behaviour topic
- Opportunity to post videos/photos for feedback
These are self guided programs that you can work through at home at your own pace, but you can check in as often as needed for help and advice via the Facebook group or email. I realise that lots of people are working from home and teaching kids at home and the last thing you want is more computer time! The videos are short, they're 2-4 mins each so you can just watch one at a time whilst drinking your coffee, and then go and practice with your dog!
If you'd like to register, please complete the Registration Form on this page, and nominate the date you'd like to join. Payment of $75 is required at the time of booking. Once your Registration Form and payment is received, I will email further information to you including the link to the Facebook Group.
STEP BY STEP FOR PUPPIES - For Pups 8 weeks - 4 months - Join Any Time
- Toilet training
- Sit/lie down/stand still
- Introduction to coming when called
- Introduction to lead walking
- Socialisation and Confidence building
- Problem prevention (multiple topics)
- ...... and much more
PUPPY BASICS - For Pups 4 - 8 Months - Join Any Time
- Staying calm when out and about
- Settle and relax at home
- Loose lead walking
- Coming when called
- Polite greeting with other dogs and people
- Games and tricks
"LET'S WALK" TRAINING PROGRAM - THIS IS NOW ON HOLD WHILST I RESTART MY GROUP CLASSES, I WILL UPDATE THIS PAGE WHEN I HAVE THE PROGRAM SET UP
The “Let’s Walk” program is designed to be flexible; it can help with a variety of training needs and is delivered via a Facebook group with some limited and targeted options for face-to-face individual training. Very broadly there are 3 categories that the program is aimed at:
- Dogs who have yet to learn lead skills and how to be calm when walking in public
- Reactive dogs - those who bark, growl and lunge on lead towards other dogs (distance “increasing” behaviours)
- Hyper social dogs - those that frantically pull, bark, whine, and jump, often on their back legs, when seeing other dogs (distance “decreasing” behaviours)
The program is aimed at young dogs who still need to learn the skills to be able to walk nicely and calmly on lead in public, rather than dogs with well-established behaviours that need to be changed. However, the online component is available for anyone to register if you think the content will be helpful for you and your dog. The face-to-face component has strict criteria, details will be provided on request.
The program helps you understand what lead walking really means for you and your dog, sets realistic goals, and teaches you to train your dog to walk nicely and calmly on the lead using reward based, dog friendly training methods. There is also a set of training exercises that will help you and your dog in situations that can be problematic when they are near to, or see, other dogs. It’s always better to prevent problems rather than having to solve them later, so the training exercises are ideal for young dogs to start to learn now.
The Facebook Group still needs to be set up; this should be ready by the middle of November. It will include videos and a workbook covering all the training exercises and is self-guided, so you work through at your own pace and can post videos, ask questions etc on the group. I still need to fine tune and finalise the content and work out the fee structure before accepting registrations. In the meantime, for all enquiries, please use the Contact Us tab to get in touch, let me know your dog’s age, breed, how long you’ve had them, and a BRIEF description of any problems you have that are covered by this program, so that I can let you know if it’s suitable for you and your dog.